Tomato is a very famous vegetable. It is used in every household. Any dish seems incomplete without tomatoes. Being a common vegetable, people do not know about its benefits. It is rich in anti-oxidants. Tomatoes are included in every dish. It adds to the taste of each and every dish.
Tomato is cultivated from July to September for winter, November to December for summer, it is easily available in all types of weather.
Benefits of Tomatoes
- Tomatoes contain lycopene and calcium, which protect teeth and bones, and make them strong.
- Tomatoes contain lutein and beta carotene, which are helpful in improving eyesight.
- Tomato is rich in fiber, it helps in reducing weight, and keeps the digestive system healthy.
- Tomatoes contain chromium, which keeps blood sugar normal, and is very beneficial for patients with diabetes.
- Tomatoes reduce the risk of prostate cancer, if taken in moderation.
|Nutrition||Amount Per 100 g||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0.2 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3.9 g||1%|
|Dietary fiber||1.2 g||4%|
- There is a high amount of acidity in tomatoes, so do not eat tomatoes in large quantities, otherwise there may be a problem of acidity.
- If you eat tomatoes in salad, then keep in mind that the seeds of tomato go to the stomach at least, because they are not easily digested, due to which problems like stones may have to be faced.
- Tomatoes contain substances called terpenes, which can cause body odor.
Conclusion: Most people do not know about the nutrients found in tomatoes, but usually people keep using tomatoes. In this article, an attempt has been made to give all kinds of information related to tomatoes, hopefully you will use this information.
Benefits of Eating Honey
Corona is Attacking again, Maharashtra Came in Grip, 37 Cases Came to Light in a School in UP
What is the Glycemic Index (GI) and How to Use It