5 Benefits, uses and harms of Carrot Beneficial for health
Carrot – Full of Nutrients. Carrots are delicious and rich in many nutrients, they contain all the essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, fiber, calcium and iron, which keep our body healthy. Carrots are used in curries, salads, pickles, puddings and juices.
The time of cultivation of carrot is considered from August to October, it is easily available in the winter season.
Benefits of Eating Carrot
- Carrots help in the smooth functioning of the digestive system. With its help, food is digested well, for this, carrots should be consumed in the form of salad with food.
- Carrots are rich in fiber, which helps to digest food slowly and maintains a feeling of fullness for a long time, due to which a person eats less and thus it is helpful in weight loss.
- Beta-carotene present in carrots is an effective antioxidant, which helps to keep the skin young by protecting the skin from free radicals and UV rays.
- Many problems can be overcome by consuming carrots during pregnancy. Carrots contain a vitamin called folate, which is especially beneficial for the unborn baby and mother. Pregnant women can consume carrots for better health.
- Drinking carrot juice strengthens the digestive system. Consuming carrots keeps blood pressure under control and chewing raw carrots can reduce the effects of cancer.
Use of Carrot
- You can drink carrot juice.
- Carrot soup can be made and consumed.
- Carrot pudding can be made and eaten.
- Raw carrot salad can be made.
- Carrots can be eaten as french fry.
- Potatoes, peas and other vegetables can be made with carrots.
- Carrot can also be eaten by making paratha, cheela, cake etc.
|Nutrition||Value per 100g||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0.2 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans fat regulation||0 g||–|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g||3%|
|Dietary fiber||2.8 g||11%|
- Consuming carrots in excess can cause problems with sleep.
- The yellow part of the carrot is very hot. Eating the yellow part of carrot in large quantity can cause many problems. It can cause a burning sensation in the stomach.
- Carrots are rich in fiber. Consuming carrots continuously increases the amount of fiber in our body and it can cause problems like stomach ache.
Conclusion: Carrot is a very good vegetable, its properties, advantages and disadvantages have been explained in detail. You are requested to take good care of yourself and your family by reading this article and adopting these things.