Chikoo is a fruit that contains vitamins, minerals and fiber. It is a seasonal fruit available in winter. Apart from being delicious, chikoo is also very beneficial for health. It also removes body fatigue and eye problems. It also contains calcium and iron, which make bones strong.
Chikoo comes twice a year, first from February to June and second from September to October. It takes about four months for the chikoo to be ready.
Benefits of Chikoo
- Chikoo is also called Sapota, it is helpful in giving instant relief to stomach related diseases.
- Chikoo contain vitamin A, which keeps the eyes healthy. Glucose is also found in chikoo, it gives instant energy to the body.
- Antioxidants, fiber and other nutrients are also found in chikoo, which protect against diseases like cancer.
- Chikoo are rich in calcium, phosphorus and iron, which make bones strong.
- Chikoo has anti-viral, anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties, which is helpful in keeping the body healthy.
- Chikoo is also helpful in kidney disease, after eating the seeds of chikoo by grinding it, kidney stones are removed with urine.
Nutrients of Chikoo
|Nutrition||Amount Per 100 g||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||1.1 g||1%|
|Saturated fat||0.2 g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||6%|
|Dietary fiber||5 g||20%|
- Undercooked or raw chikoo can harm you and cause ulcers in the mouth.
- Sapotin and sapotinin are chemicals in the crushed seeds of chikoo. This can cause abdominal pain.
Conclusion: In this article, an attempt has been made to give complete information about chikoo. Hope you will keep all these things in mind while eating chikoo and take steps towards leading a healthy life.
Benefits of Eating Honey
Corona is Attacking again, Maharashtra Came in Grip, 37 Cases Came to Light in a School in UP
What is the Glycemic Index (GI) and How to Use It