Today we are telling you about potato that how potato is beneficial for our health as much as it is harmful.
Potato is a vegetable used all over the world and it is commonly used in the kitchen of every household. It is an inexpensive and nutritious vegetable. Potatoes are used in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Potato is also used in many home remedies.
Potato is cultivated in autumn and Rabi season. Potato is cultivated in more quantity than other crops, hence it is also called famine crop. It is easily available in every season, but if you consume potatoes for 12 months, then it is harmful for your health, so when it is potato season, then eat potatoes only.
Benefits of Potatoes
- If you want to increase your weight, then you must include potatoes in your diet, because potassium is found in potatoes, which makes muscles, and it also contains starch and fiber, which keeps the stomach full for a long time.
- Potato is also used on wounds or injuries, etc., making a paste of potato on the wound provides relief, and the marks of injury are erased.
- Vitamin C is found in proper amount in potatoes, so it is very beneficial for the skin. It is effective in eliminating skin related problems.
- Constipation can be avoided by eating roasted potatoes.
|Nutrition||Amount Per 100 g||% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||0.1 g||0%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g||5%|
|Dietary fiber||2.2 g||8%|
Disadvantages of Potatoes
- Potatoes should not be eaten in large quantities, because potatoes have a high glycemic index, it increases the amount of glucose in the body, due to which the risk of diabetes increases.
- If you have problems with blood pressure, then you should eat potatoes with caution, high BP can be a problem.
- If you have any stomach related problem, then avoid the consumption of potatoes.
- Do not eat potatoes daily.
- Use it only after cutting off the green part of the potato.
Conclusion: Eat potatoes healthy and eat potatoes only in potato season. We have tried our best to provide you all the information related to potato. You read and adopt this information.